Saturday, March 27, 2010

It's Now Officially Spring

It's officially spring! I don't care what the calender says, it's not spring until there are flowers blooming and it's not freezing cold outside. Simpler that way, and more authentic. The dogwood trees have begun to bloom, and my front yard is a literal carpet of wild flowers. I suppose some people on this street would call them weeds, but they are prettier than grass by far. The peach tree is just starting to blossom, as well.
I will be spending the next week working the soil in my garden plot. I can't wait to see my flowering vegetable plants from the window of my studio! I'm excited to put in the hard work of hand tilling the soil and preparing it for seedlings, I could use a little physical labor to work off the love handles winter left behind. Plus, having lots of fresh vegetables around makes it easy to eat healthy. This year I'm thinking about gardening with the moon cycle. I know it makes me sound like a total nut job, but I've heard it works wonderfully, and helps to keep maintenance on a regular schedule. I'll be sure to take pictures of my progress and pitfalls.

No comments:

Post a Comment